The Good News:
- We are one of the busiest libraries in Bradford County. Approximately 500 people come in the library each week with about 600 computer users each month.
- Our web site has a ton of great information. You can download audio and ebooks. Learn a language with Mango Languages, take practice tests for civil service and other exams and much more.
- Towanda Public Library is a “Preschool Connection Library” with age appropriate programs starting with our youngest patrons.
- We have been serving our community’s lifelong learning needs since 1897.
The Bad News:
- State funding has been cut drastically over the past few years. We no longer get any funding from our local school district.
- We are purchasing fewer books and other resources this year.
- Building maintenance, utilities, and technology costs continue to rise.
- We’ve been forced to cut hours, staffing, and could see further cuts unless we are able to offset funding cuts with community support.
We need your help to continue serving you! Please consider a donation to our annual appeal.
You can make a donation online. All major credit cards are accepted.
Your financial contribution to the library is tax deductible to the extent the law provides. The Towanda Public Library is a 501(c)3 organization.